Waking up can be difficult for someone with hearing loss, but vibrating alarm clocks are a guaranteed way to ensure you wake up on time. These clocks have a small disk around 5” in diameter that slips under your pillow or mattress. When it’s time to wake, the disk begins shaking until you wake up and turn it off.
Many of these vibrating alarm clocks don’t just have vibration for waking, but offer other features as well. An extra loud alarm, multiple alarms, and Bluetooth capability are just a few of the bonus features some of our recommended vibrations alarm clocks include. We’ve divided our recommendations into three categories: best overall vibrating alarm clock, the best one with smartphone capabilities, and your best budget buy.
Whichever one you choose, these are great options to make sure you’ll not just wake on time, but on the right side of the bed, too!
Links in this blog post may be affiliate links. When you end up buying a product through these links, I could earn a sales commission. This does not affect your price or our reviews.
Best Vibrating Alarm Clock Overall
The Sonic Alert Loud alarm clock is our top choice recommendation for vibrating alarm clocks. This well-rounded clock has a traditional design that we all know and love, with a green clock display and a lot of great features!
- Extra loud, adjustable alarm The alarm can be adjusted with a volume control from 0-10, including muting the volume altogether.
- Powerful Bed Shaker Tuck the 5” disk under your mattress or pillow for a powerful vibration during your wake time.
- Multiple alarms Up to two separate alarms can be set with this clock. Perfect if you share an alarm clock or you need to multiple wake-ups.
- Battery Backup The alarm clock works with a power cord, but also has a battery backup in case of power outage. The battery backup will keep the clock on and the alarm set, so when the power turns back on the clock will function properly. However, the alarm will not work when running on the battery alone.
- Dimmer Function Choose from 5 levels of screen brightness.
- Adjustable Snooze Time Set your own snooze time, in 1-30 minute increments.
Best Vibrating Alarm Clock with Smartphone Capability
The Smartshaker 2 by iLuv is an excellent choice if you’re looking for an alarm clock that functions with your smartphone. With a sleek and modern design, this shaker alarm clock is easy to take on the go.
- App Controlled This bed shaker doesn’t have a traditional alarm face. Instead, everything is controlled with your smartphone (iOS 9+ and Android 5+).
- Wake-up Options Choose from 3 different shaking forces (Normal, Strong, or Earthquake) and 8 different built-in ringtones.
- Multiple Alarms Set up to 10 different alarms within the app.
- Travel Friendly This shaker runs on a powerful lithium ion battery; no need to plug in. Set the alarm and the shaking force within the app, then the app will automatically disconnect from the device, conserving battery usage.
- Optional Wake Up Lighting Connect the iLuv Rainbow7 Smart Bulb to wake up with light, sound, and vibration.
Best Budget Vibrating Alarm Clock
The Mesqool alarm clock is a straight-forward alarm for the hearing impaired with a powerful bed shaker.
- 3 Waking Options Vibration, buzzing (with volume control), or a combination of the two: the choice is yours!
- Large Digital Display The clock display is a large 7” with a dimmer and a choice between 12 or 24 hour formatting.
- Battery Backup This vibrating alarm clock functions with an AC adapter, but includes a battery backup so the clock will stay accurate during power outages.
- A Few Extra Touches A large snooze button allows you to sleep an additional 9 minutes. The nightlight button gives you the choice of 7 different display colors to choose from. Includes 2 USB ports to easily charge up to two electronic devices at once.
Would you like to see more products and recommendations that help people with hearing loss? Our blog post on the topic lists five different products that make life a lot easier.
Would you like to make better-informed buying decisions? Sign up to our newsletter below and get personalized buying advice, information about life with hearing loss, and the latest information directly to your email.