In the last few years, the market for over the counter hearing aids has grown considerably. The Lucid Hearing company is one of the newer companies in the space. What’s special about Lucid Hearing is that it doesn’t just sell hearing aids: it has all sorts of hearing products, … [Read more...] about Lucid Hearing fio Hearing Aid Review
Bluetooth App Controlled Hearing Aids
Hearing aids have seen some rapid technological developments over the years, and the industry shows no signs of stopping. As hearing aids get smarter, more and more models can be controlled with a smartphone app. This allows you to adjust volume and listening modes from your fingertips, without fiddling with small buttons you can’t see.
Other, smarter, hearing aids combine remotely controlling your hearing aids with self-fitting technology. The Bluetooth hearing aids below are controlled with a smartphone app, but don’t all have self-fitting technology.
Advantages of Bluetooth Hearing Aids
Controlling your hearing aids with a smartphone app has several advantages:
- No need to fiddle: most people prefer smaller hearing aids, but this also means buttons get smaller. Switching your listening mode or changing the volume on your hearing aids can be tricky, especially as your fine motor skills can decrease at a similar rate as your hearing. A smartphone app helps tackle the issue of small hearing aid buttons.
- Easier switching: switching your listening mode can be cumbersome, especially when you’re listening for feedback when you press the buttons. A smartphone app allows you to select a listening mode in seconds.
- Battery feedback: most hearing aid smartphone apps let you know the battery life for each hearing aid immediately. It doesn’t matter whether you use conventional or rechargeable batteries, it’s best to know when you’re about to run out.
Disadvantages of Bluetooth control
Some factors to keep in mind about Bluetooth-controlled hearing aids:
- Smartphone might not be easier: adjusting small buttons is one thing, but not everyone is comfortable with smartphone apps. This could be a trade-off.
- Decreased battery life: your hearing aid batteries might drain faster.
App-Controlled hearing aids
Neosonic MX Smart - This device comes with its Bluetooth app to adjust to your specific needs to each ear individually. The app also allows you to regulate volume and listening modes for all the connected devices.
Otofonix Groove - This model combines the benefits of Otofonix’ two other models. The reduced size compared to other hearing aids is also an added benefit.
ZVOX VB20 - This device has two microphones that catch the sound, rare for its price range. The device also has a compatible app to give you convenient control.
Eargo 6 - The Eargo 6 has a lot of fancy features, and the smartphone app is only one of the extra features.
Lucid Hearing Engage Rechargeable Hearing Aid Review
I’ve only found the Lucid Hearing company about a month ago, and I already really like them. Their most important hearing aid, the fio, made a great impression on me. At first sight, the same could be said about the Lucid Hearing Engage Rechargeable. It offers an all-round … [Read more...] about Lucid Hearing Engage Rechargeable Hearing Aid Review
Linner Nova Hearing Aid Review
The Linner Nova hearing aid by Linner Life has a long list of promises that don’t all make sense. The Linner Nova is touted as the ‘antibacteria hearing aid’ - a statement that didn’t compute at first. Then there’s the longer list of accomplishments: great noise filtering, water … [Read more...] about Linner Nova Hearing Aid Review
Eargo 6 Hearing Aids Review
The Eargo 6 is the latest model by Eargo, a quite exciting company with quite exciting models. A few years ago, I reviewed the Eargo Neo. It is still one of the best non-prescription hearing aids on the market. Its price point back then was significantly higher than other models, … [Read more...] about Eargo 6 Hearing Aids Review
MDHearing VOLT MAX Hearing Aid Review
The MDHearing VOLT MAX is a promising hearing aid. Let me explain. In the last few years, hearing aid companies have introduced different technologies. There are smart hearing aids that allow you to control your hearing aids with a smartphone app. Then you’ve got self-fitting … [Read more...] about MDHearing VOLT MAX Hearing Aid Review