Knock knock… Who’s there? The doorbells of the future. Never miss another visitor or delivery with these innovative doorbells for people with hearing loss.
There are many different options when shopping for doorbells these days. With features like extra loud chimes, strobe lights, wireless options, and more, there is really something for everyone. Shopping for these items can feel a bit overwhelming. We’ve put together a detailed list of the highest rated doorbells for the hearing impaired to make the shopping less stressful.
Best Strobe Light Doorbell for people with hearing loss
A doorbell that includes a strobe light is very helpful for the hearing impaired. With this option, you don’t need to solely rely on hearing. The flashing strobe light grabs your attention to let you know that company has arrived.
The Warehouse Doorbell is actually made for industrial environments, making it the perfect doorbell for the hearing impaired. It’s a wireless doorbell with a long range, loud chime, and mountable flashing stobe light.
- Long range distance This wireless doorbell has a range of up to 4,000 feet. The signal can be transmitted through walls and even over multiple living levels.
- Attention grabbing light The flashing strobe light is so bright that even in a well-lit room, it still stands out.
- Dual purpose The doorbell doubles as a motion sensor. It will respond when someone opens the door as well as rings the bell.
- Extra loud doorbell Typical doorbells have a chime with a volume of 70dB. The Warehouse Doorbell has a 95dB chime, so it’s louder than most. Additionally, it has 12 chimes to choose from and the volume is adjustable.
- Easy installation No electrician required
- Add on options The Warehouse Doorbell transmitter includes ports for up to 4 receivers. With this option, you can add alerts in every room of the house.
The Subtler Light Option
A flashing strobe light is a sure-fire way to grab attention. However, if you’re looking for something a little more subtle, the Anpress Doorbell is for you. This doorbell lights up with beautiful ambiance and an extra loud musical alert.
- Lighting options Choose from 7 different colored lights
- Extra loud volume Music volume is adjustable from 0-80dB
- Music options 16 different song choices available
- Battery operated Runs on three AA batteries (receiver) and one AAA battery (transmitter)
- Choose from lights or sounds The Anpress Doorbell can be set to transmit sound, light, or both
If you need multiple receivers throughout the home, the Coolqiya Doorbell might be best for you. With two transmitters and three receivers, you can easily be alerted from anywhere in the house. This makes it a great doorbell for the hearing impaired.
- Multiple receivers Three different receivers plug directly into the outlet, no batteries required.
- Light feature Though this doorbell isn’t recommended as a strobe light doorbell, it does have a light feature. Each receiver has a blue light which flashes when the transmitter is triggered.
- Super loud Receivers play alerts at four different levels: 25dB, 60dB, 90dB, and a whopping 110dB!
- Many alerts to choose from 52 different alarms, chimes, bells, and songs available
- Strong signal Working range of 1,000 ft. Powerful enough to reach through brick, stucco, and more.
- Wireless set-up and installation
All in one solution
For a more extensive solution, Bellman & Symfon have an entire doorbell notification system. This system works with your current doorbell. The separate receiver ‘hears’ when someone rings the doorbell and alerts you with a flashing alarm clock and a bed shaker.
- Works with your existing doorbell: no need to replace your current doorbell.
- Combination of alarm clock and bed shaker: you don’t have to choose where you’re alerted, and can be warned of guests at any time of the day. The system also eliminates the need for a separate alarm clock.
- Wireless setup: easy installation in minutes.
Now that you’ve got your doorbell covered, what about your alarm clock? Check out our vibrating alarm clock recommendations (or the product mentioned above) for more info!
Would you like to make better-informed buying decisions? Sign up to our newsletter below and get personalized buying advice, information about life with hearing loss, and the latest information directly to your email.